Thursday, February 28, 2013

Back from Cabin Fever Clay Festival 2013 - USA Trip

Name Tags I made for all my students
and I am back!
Cabin Fever Clay Festival 2013 is over, It was a wonderful gathering of ~80 great polymer clay minds, all together happy and smiling (polymer fumes?! ;) creating unforgettable moments.

Once again I feel that there is something magical about people sitting together, talking with such enthusiasm about their polymer clay joy, 24/7, chatting about what makes them happy and color their world, even for an hour or two a week. You don't have to be a pro to enjoy such an event.
I had the pleasure of meeting so many new people, from all over US and beyond, introducing them to my own personal polymer clay world.
My dear students did a wonderful job creating their little master pieces, enjoying their time learning a trick or two, and teaching me some of their own too!
5 Full days. I had so much fun.

Fireman on alert!
And some funny moments - Apparently some one lit a candle inside one of the rooms and the whole hotel was evacuated outside, waiting for the Fire department to come and check it out (guess where I was when the bell rang? Yes, in the shower ;)
Traveling all the way to Polymer Clay Express with Mira Pinki Krispil and Jana Roberts Benzon, what a fun drive we had;
Shopping with Linda Hess in "Michaels", "Hobby Lobby" and where not! How can we can't miss these when we're here!
Staedtler North America donated all the materials used in my Skyscraper and Brocade Purses classes - That was such an amazing gift! Thank you!

Polymer Clay Express
And Finally, few more days in NYC with Pinki for re-stocking and breathing cold (real cold!) air just before we take our plane back.

So thank you Kathryn Ottman for this wonderful event that ticks like a clock, perfectly every time! Seeing Christian in person was one of the highlights moments! :)
Thank you all my students who chose to "Skyscrap'in" and "Brocad'in" with me - I had a great time with you!
Thank you all the teachers who made this event even more colorful - especially the dear Marie Segal, Jana Benzon Roberts, Sarah Shriver and Christi Friesen, I had fun chatting with you!

Thank you Staedtler for your generous donation!
Next on my map is Liechtenstein workshops with Melanie Muir and Sabine Backer. Cannot wait.

I will be resting for a day or two, getting my studio back in order and hours back to regular and post a new PolymeriOnline soon, meanwhile you can peek into some of the photos taken by myself using my IPAD (Arrrr! that camera is awful) and more on my Facebook.
Take care!



Skyscraper Pendant 
Skyscraper Beads

Skyscraper Beads

Skyscraper Beads


Skyscraper Beads



Brocade Purses Class 
Staedtler Clay Donation


Brocade Purses Class 

Skyscraper Beads


Skyscraper Beads



0 comments:

Post a Comment