Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Polymeri Online 3.1.07


Linda Peterson has a touching story:

..."The original Mariah doll was designed after the birth of my 2nd child, Mariah. As an infant, she was diagnosed with a rare, malignant brain tumor and spent countless hours in the hospital undergoing surgeries and therapy.
In an effort to keep my sanity and to escape life's harsh reality for a time, I pursued crafts as a creative outlet for my frustration. Little did I know where this path would take me...from stay at home mom of two ....to professional designer, a job that I, at one time, only dreamed of.
I began exploring polymer clay and made a doll as a gift for my mother. I couldn't stop at just one...I had to create another...and another. My whimsical characters became popular in the hospital and I soon created a full time business by creating characters and traveling to arts & craft shows. A perfect job for a me, since having my children near me was very important. "...




Carol Duval and Linda



Her Gallery


HGTV - her project


0 comments:

Post a Comment