Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Polymeri Online 31.10.12 | Healing polymer clay, 25 favorite list, Curved blade and Michaels 146 clay projects

Polymer clay Sculpture by Antonia
Midnight orange is D. Antonia's polymer clay shop. She was living on her own since she was 16 years old and at the time was literally a starving artist. Still in high school and working 20 hours a week, she found she couldn't pay her bills so began making simple beaded necklaces that were sold at the cafeteria lunch tables.
On 2009 she discovered clay, aiming to capture humanity, feelings and emotion, she saw her pieces touch people. This was her greatest reward. Her sculptures are now used by therapists in places around the world as part of the healing process.
Every artist can relate to her message - "Whether I earn one dollar or one hundred dollars off a piece of my artwork, the ability to make someone laugh, cry, or heal is by far the most humbling and extraordinary payment I could ever have hoped to receive." I wish Antonia all the luck in the world, a true inspiring story.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheMidnightOrange?ref=seller_info

The 25 favorite polymer clay items list

Please take a look at Melody's O'beau's 25 favorite polymer clay studio tools, gadgets & glues part 1 and part 2 - great stuff!
http://www.melobeau.blogspot.co.il/2012/09/my-25-favorite-polymer-clay-studio.html?m=1

Polymer clay curved blade

Why won't we make ourselves a new tool? km-bijou.eu is sharing her way of creating a curved blade.
This webpage refused to be translated by any of my translators but looking at the pictures I am guessing we have to drill the blade and use a nut of a bolt to secure it? Hope I understood correctly.
http://iloapp.km-bijou.eu/blog/artisan-bijoutier-createur?Home&post=79

Polymer clay pumpkin tutorial
Last one is Michaels projects page, containing new tutorials for clay. Choose the "clay crafting" section on your left and you will see 146 projects to choose from. I liked the mixed media pumpkin project using Premo Clay. The project was demonstrated by Syndee Holt. Some of the projects are made with air dry, fimo or other clays.
http://www.michaels.com/Clay-Crafting/projects-generalcrafts-claycrafting,default,sc.html

Yes, I know it's been a while, I did not forget my PolyPediaOnline duties and I am currently working on a new class, as usual it is a big project. My vocals are off at the moment (Hoarse? is that the word?) so thank god I do not have to do recordings otherwise I wouldn't recognize my own voice. Hopefully the new class will be online toward the end of the November or sooner. Thank you for asking how I am doing :) I appreciate it.

This Saturday is my 41st birthday (and my daughter's is celebrating her 16th), I am hosting a festive noon party, any ideas for tasty beverages? ;)
Take care you all, especially the folks in the eastern side of US...

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to say that Km-Bijoux is a man! Maybe that is the reason why there is so many wonderful tools on his blog!

    ReplyDelete